Location: Vista, CA
Education: Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Sales, or Marketing
Experience: 8-10 years in a consumer products environmentAqua Lung America, Inc. specializes in the development, manufacture and distribution of technical life support, water, safety, personal fitness and recreation products. We are looking for a talented individual who can support our Mission of providing “personal aquatic equipment for recreational and professional use”. Our brands include Aqua Lung, Aqua Sphere, MP Michael Phelps, Stohlquist and U.S. Divers.
At Aqua Lung we expect our employees to lead others with respect, be courageous, to embrace and drive change, be mindful of our environmental impact, be efficient while being responsible to our customers, and above all else to be honest and do the right thing as we work to together to succeed as a team and achieve company goals.
- Develops and implements Marketing and Sales Plan designed to achieve the Territory's Diving sales & profit objectives.
- Accountable for the results of the profit and loss statement for the USA-Mainland Scuba and Free Diving divisions.
- Directs the marketing of Dive segment products, packaging, pricing, promotions, and physical distribution.
- Leads and engages sales force: builds on the existing commitment of sales force to deliver on all sales objectives.
- Oversight responsibilities of the Free-Dive Division, ensuring the Division achieves its sales and marketing ambitions while achieving its expense targets.
- Manages the after-market sales service team with an emphasis on growing relationships with retailers and customers through fair after sales programs designed to enhance customer loyalty.
- Sets goals with direct supervisor and provides a written update of goal performance on a quarterly basis.
- Follows sales performance of top five to ten accounts by territory and regularly reviews these with each sales representative. Emphasizes sales performance of products that are designed, developed and manufactured by Aqua Lung.
- Determines all pricing programs and dealer margins on annual basis and makes changes where necessary.
- Improves upon the brand awareness for Aqua Lung products through frequent personal contact with significant dealers, influence leaders, industry leaders, sales representatives, and inside sales department.
- Oversees and works with Inside Sales Department to ensure personnel are working efficiently, have appropriate product knowledge, are properly trained, are communicating effectively, are providing excellent customer service and are working to increase sales.
- Responsible for preparation of budget of Dive sales, cost of sales and direct expenses for the territory, encompassing annual budget process along with any reforecast(s) that are required through the financial year.
- Provides guidance and input to product sales forecaster.
- Provides feedback from customers regarding product performance and new product, promotional, and positioning opportunities.
- Works closely with Aqua Lung Pacific General Manager and Diving Sales Manager to monitor and advise on Scuba Diving and Free Diving sales for the region overseen by AQP.
- Honors Company Values and Adhere to Safety Practices.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Demonstrate positive leadership.
- Able to handle complex situations in a calm and collective manner.
- Able to exercise independent judgment and decision making in support of a fast-paced environment with compressed deadlines.
- Effective communication and comprehension skills, both verbal and written.
- Demonstrate strong organizational skills, be detailed oriented and able to multi-task.
- Coordinate, lead, and execute change and risk management plans.
- Think strategically, synthesize complex data and develop innovative solutions within an entrepreneurial environment.
- Travel up to 30% of the time.
- 4 year Degree in Business Administration, Sales or Marketing.
- 8-10 years experience in a consumer products environment.
- 8-10 years experience in specialty distribution channels.
- 8-10 years experience in creating and delivering sales presentations.
- 8-10 years working with international suppliers.
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills.
- Skilled at developing and understanding the sales and marketing strategy at consumer and retail levels.
- Advanced User of MS Office Applications (Excel, Word, Power Point, and Outlook).
- Aqua Lung America, Inc. (AQA) is an equal opportunity employer.
- We welcome and encourage diversity in our workforce.
- AQA participates in the United States Department of Homeland Security's E-Verify program.
- AQA promotes a drug and alcohol free work environment.
Send cover letter and résumé/cv to firstname.lastname@example.org.