Location: Vista, CA
Education: Bachelor's Degree (BA/BS in Business, Communication or related discipline preferred)
Experience: 10+ years experience of military active duty experience or equivalent
Aqua Lung specializes in the development, manufacture and distribution of technical life support, water, safety, personal fitness and recreation products. We are looking for a talented individual who can support our Mission of providing “personal aquatic equipment for recreational and professional use”. Our brands include Aqua Lung, Aqua Sphere, MP Michael Phelps, APEKS, OMER, Stohlquist, Aqua Lung Sport and U.S. Divers.
At Aqua Lung we expect our employees to lead others with respect, be courageous, to embrace and drive change, be mindful of our environmental impact, be efficient while being responsible to our customers, and above all else to be honest and do the right thing as we work together to succeed as a team and achieve company goals.
The Military Diving Global Manager will be responsible for implementing the group business line strategy and objectives specific to dive. This position will develop and implement the strategy for Military Diving sales and ensure the appropriate definition of product development, classification, and marketing in an effort to increase end-user satisfaction.
To perform effectively, the MilDive Global Manager will collaborate with the Regional Business Line Manager and Zone Directors to build strong relationships and communication channels with affiliates and distributors so that group directives are well adapted to and successful in the varying regions and consumer markets. The Military Diving Global Manager operates transversally and with teams to provide expertise, knowhow, support and leadership, where the ultimate responsibility is to achieve stronger global sales and profit. This position is integral in ensuring the development process optimizes new product features, benefits, and cost base so that Aqua Lung products are competitive in the military dive market.
- Define and monitor New Product Development List and Schedule
- Collect various market demands expressed by customers and/or commercial channels and translate them into adequate operational requirements for the Group Product Development Managers
- Evaluate and determine, in cooperation with the Group Legal Counsel, the appropriate classification of MilDive Products or any list of equipment subject to export restrictions.
- Ensure audit and compliance objectives are being considered throughout the project and coordinate with internal and external auditors regarding requirements.
- Coordinate with Market Liaison officer to monitor the effective use of marketing campaigns and material that the Group develops for the MilDive segment.
- Organize intelligence and collect information on products, sales, and organization so that directives are well adapted to the various regions.
- Work with the Military and Professional Vice President to define budget guidance and with Zone Directors/General Manager to support the business line regional budgets.
- Identify prospects and possible manners of distribution.
- Propose partnerships in accordance with the Zone Distribution strategy and Group Distribution policy
- Ensure consistency between affiliate price lists and make necessary revisions for avoiding friction between distribution channels.
- Coordinate with the Regional Supply Chain Manager to provide advice and recommendations on solutions for improving performance, particularly with regards to on-time deliveries and levels of inventories.
- Honor Company Values and Adhere to Safety Practices.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Respect cultural and personal differences to work collaboratively as a team, to include the unique cultures of military and law enforcement personnel and their hierarchy.
- Communicate effectively with international customers.
- Demonstrate positive and effective leadership.
- Handle complex situations in a calm and collective manner.
- Exercise independent judgement and decision making in support of a fast-paced environment with compressed deadlines.
- Effectively communicate and comprehend, in both verbal and written communication.
- Demonstrate strong organizational skills; be detail-oriented and able to multi-task.
- Read and understand financial statements
- Demonstrated understanding of customer service best practices.
- Exhibit strong business acumen in a complex international environment
- Think strategically, synthesize complex data and develop innovative solutions within an entrepreneurial environment
- Must have the ability to travel – make sales calls, participate in trade shows and sales meetings
- 4 year undergraduate degree, minimum
- 3+ years’ experience with progressive project management responsibilities
- At least 10 years of military active duty experience or equivalent
- Applied experience in the development of relationships with military and professional procurement personnel, procurement procedures and systems, distribution channels and strategies, and revenue growth through the use of effective contracting vehicles or equivalent after sales support
- Desired Department of Defense programmatic experience or program manager experience or equivalent
- Desired Special Operations Force experience with competency in closed circuit diving operations
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
- Aqua Lung America, Inc. (AQA) is an equal opportunity employer.
- We welcome and encourage diversity in our workforce.
- AQA participates in the United States Department of Homeland Security's E-Verify program.
- AQA promotes a drug and alcohol free work environment.
Send cover letter and résumé/cv to email@example.com.